Certified Dental Technician
- Certified Dental Technicians (CDT) or Dental Laboratory Technicians
(DLABT),make dental restorations (metal and ceramic crowns and bridges),
and other dental prosthetics.
- They work with hand tools, molding equipment and other machinery to manufacture replicas of teeth and other prosthetics.
- Dental Technicians have a high degree of manual dexterity and good vision because their work is highly detailed and delicate.
- Some technicians may perform all the tasks to create crowns,
bridges, dentures, and other prosthetics while others may specialize in a
- These technicians work with porcelain, metal, plastic, wires,
composites, and dental wax to create these molds of patient’s teeth.
- They use hand instruments such as drills, laths, furnaces, vacuum mixers, and investing tools to fabricate prostheses.
- Dental Technicians work in private dental laboratories, Dentist’s offices, hospitals, or dental suppliers.
- Dental Technicians enjoy good working conditions and good salaries.
- One must have good hand/eye coordination, manual dexterity, and an ability to work independently.